Add a free product to an upcoming order when a tag is added to the customer
🔧 Simple setup is needed:
🔌 Connect with Recharge
✏️ Add Product Variant ID & Product Title
✅ Save and enable your workflow to start automating!
This template will add a free one-time product to a customer's upcoming order when a customer tag is added in Shopify.
Let’s get started 🚀
Follow the steps below to set up this workflow.
1. In the Recharge List Customers step, click the Authenticate with Recharge button to connect your ReCharge account to MESA.
2. In the Recharge Create Onetime Product step, locate the Ecommerce field under the External Variant ID label.
3. Identify which product you'd like to add as the free gift and add a value for the product’s variant ID on the Ecommerce field. You can click to follow this Shopify guide on how to find the Shopify Variant ID.
To find the Shopify Variant ID on a product without variants, you can add /variants.json at the end of the product URL. Locate the numbers set to id and copy and paste the value to the Ecommerce field.
4. Then, enter the product's name in the Product Title field.
5. At the top of the workflow, hit the Save button to save your changes.
6. ✅ Test your workflow if you'd like to see it in action. We recommend testing with real data for the best results. Read more about testing for tips and best practices.
7. Hit the toggle to switch it to On when you are ready to start using the workflow.
Change the add-free-product customer tag used in the Filter: Checks for "add-free-product" in customer tags step that determines if the customer will receive the free product on their upcoming order.
✋ Still have questions? We got you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where actual humans are on standby 24/7, ready to help.