Save a customer's birthday to notes
🔧 Simple setup is needed:
➕ Add birthday form
✅ Save and enable your workflow to start automating!
This template will create a form hosted within a Shopify customer's profile page that saves their birthday to the customer notes field.
Let’s get started 🚀
Follow the steps below to set up this workflow.
1. The Form by MESA step is used when you want to create a form for your customers to submit.
Within the Form step and under the Advanced Options, add a Success Redirect URL that will allow you to redirect customers to a specific link or to embedded pages on your Shopify store. You can also enable a Captcha to protect from spam.
You can build a form from scratch, or copy the HTML code from our Form Builder, modify it, and adjust it to your liking. More details can be found on MESA Forms: Click Here.
Click the Open Form Builder button on the Form step to see the current form.
2. Once your form is set up, click the Get Code tab on the form builder. Under the Advanced code block, click the Copy Code button.
3. After copying the code, look underneath your Sales Channels in the left column, click Online Store, select your current theme, then click Edit Code in the Actions drop-down menu.
Under Templates, click the customers/account.liquid file and paste your copied form code after the </table> code.
Then, delete the section of code that reads:
<!-- For a good looking form out of the box, you might want to include Bootstrap: --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.5.2/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-JcKb8q3iqJ61gNV9KGb8thSsNjpSL0n8PARn9HuZOnIxN0hoP+VmmDGMN5t9UJ0Z" crossorigin="anonymous">
The screenshot below displays how the code should look after being pasted.
🗒 Note: Pasting the code after the table on the Customer Account page is simply a suggestion, so feel free to adjust the code location to your liking.
4. Once the code has been added, you can hit the Save button in the upper right-hand corner. Here is how the Form will appear to your Customers.
5. Back in the workflow, hit the Save button to save your changes.
6. Hit the Enable button to activate the Form workflow.
✋ Still have questions? We got you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where actual humans are on standby 24/7, ready to help.