What to do with a failed task
When working with workflows in MESA, you may encounter a failed task on the Activity tab or by testing your workflow. The workflow will not process the automation completely if an error occurs during any tasks of the workflow.
Follow the steps below on how to troubleshoot an error that occurs during any tasks of the workflow.
1. Enable the Logging and Logging debug mode in the Settings tab when troubleshooting any errors. You can disable it once you are done with troubleshooting. Click on the Save button to save your changes.
2. Go to the Activity tab and locate the failed task which will contain an Error status on the right hand side.
3. Click on the > icon to the left of the date. Every task in the workflow will then display.
4. Locate the error which displays with a red background color. MESA will contain details about the error. In this case, a Slack credential was not selected on the Slack step.
5. If you would like to try replaying the tasks, you can click on the three vertical dots button on the first task in the workflow. Click on Replay and Continue which will replay the task with the same details. Afterwards, MESA will display the replayed task.
5. MESA provides a more detailed layout through the Logs tab. Logs enable you to search for past tasks or to view an entire chain of actions and its information for a specific task. You click on the three-dotted button on the first task and click on Logs.
Since Logging and Logging debug mode are enabled, you will see more information related to the failed task appear.
The messages with the red Error tag will be the most important to review.
6. Once you have made adjustments to your workflow to fix the error, you can replay the failed task. In this example, selecting a Slack credential will solve the error.
🗒 Note: If you are unsure of what the error message(s) means, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team with our firstname.lastname@example.org email. We will be happy to work with you on resolving the failed task! 😊