Send Shopify order and customer details to Odoo
🔧 Setup is needed:
🔌 Connect with Odoo
✏️ Add IDs from Discounts, Shipping, Taxes products
✅ Save and enable your workflow to start automating!
When a Shopify order is created, this template will send both the Shopify order details and customer information to Odoo.
❗ Required: This template has several requirements. Ensure you have done the following requirements before proceeding.
- Both Contacts and Sales need to be set up already in Odoo.
- Products need to be set up already in Odoo.
- Shopify SKU of the product should match the 'internal reference' of the product in Odoo.
- Create a product in Odoo for each: Discounts, Shipping, Taxes.
Let’s get started 🚀
Follow the steps below to set up this workflow.
1. On the Odoo List Product Variant step, create a new Credential to link your Odoo account with MESA.
Add your Domain, Username, and Password in the respective fields and then click the Add Credential button.
You can locate the Username and Password by clicking on Settings, from your Odoo Apps page.
From Settings, locate General Settings and then Users. Click on Manage Users.
Select the checkbox next to the user that you want to connect MESA with. Then, click on Actions (gear icon) and then Change Password.
If your user does not have an existing password, enter a New Password and then Change Password.
If there is already a password set, copy the email address under User Login and paste into MESA's Odoo Credential's Username field. Copy the user's password and paste into MESA's Odoo Credential's Password field.
The Domain will look like: https://mycompany.odoo.com.
If the Odoo database name is different from the domain itself, enter both in the MESA's Odoo Credential's Domain field separated by
Your credential is now set for this step!
2. Select the existing credential you just created on the following 6 Odoo steps.
- Odoo List Customer
- Odoo List Custom Model - Country
- Odoo List Custom Model - State
- Odoo Customer Create
- Odoo Create Order
- Odoo Create Order Line
3. Scroll up to the the Order Lines step and add values for the following fields.
You can locate the IDs from the Discounts, Shipping, Taxes products you created in your Odoo account. Navigate to each of these products and locate the URL. Copy the number after id=.
In this example, 5 is added as the value for discount.product_id, 4 as the value for the shipping.product_id, and 6 as the value for the taxes.product_id.
4. At the top of the workflow, hit the Save button to save your changes.
5. Test your workflow if you'd like to see it in action. It is preferred to test with real data for the best results. Learn more about testing for troubleshooting and best practice tips.
6. Hit the Enable button when you are ready to start using the workflow.
🗒️ Note: If you run into any errors in this workflow, please contact our Customer Success Team. Different set-ups may be required for different Odoo versions used.
✋ Still have questions? We got you. Email us at email@example.com where actual humans are on standby 24/7, ready to help.