- Connect Loop Returns with MESA
Connect Loop Returns with MESA
When you're setting up your first workflow with Loop Returns, you'll need to add your API key so that Loop Returns is a connected app within MESA.
You can locate your API key by clicking Settings > Developers on the Loop Returns Dashboard.
You will find the API key under API keys header. Copy and paste that into your workflow and click on Add Credential. Then, you are all set!
Loop Returns Triggers (Creating a Webhook)
When starting a workflow with a Loop Returns Trigger, MESA will require you to create a Webhook before the workflow works successfully.
1. To create a Webhook, you can click on Settings and then Developers on the Loop Returns Dashboard.
2. Click on Create webhook.
3. Under the Add Webhook pop up, you'll see Event, Response and URL fields. Set these per the instructions below.
Add events as follows for each MESA Trigger.
- Loop Returns Created or Updated Trigger: Select Return created and Return updated. You will need to create 2 webhooks in Loop Returns for both Return created and Return updated and with the same copied URL. If you only create one webhook, MESA will not be able to trigger the workflow appropriately.
- Loop Returns Label Created or Updated Trigger: Label created and Label updated. You will need to create 2 webhooks in Loop Returns for both Label created and Label updated and with the same copied URL. If you only create one webhook, MESA will not be able to trigger the workflow appropriately.
- Loop Returns Restock Requested Trigger: Create one webhook for Restock requested.
Response for each MESA Trigger.
- Loop Returns Created or Updated Trigger: Return
- Loop Returns Label Created or Updated Trigger: Label
- Loop Returns Restock Requested Trigger: Restock
From your MESA workflow, copy the Webhook URL seen in the Trigger's field (save the workflow if you do not see an URL in the field and refresh the page). Paste in the URL into the URL Field.
Obtaining information about a specific Whitelist (Allowlist) or Blacklist
In order to retrieve or obtain information about a specific whitelist or blacklist, you will need to locate the blacklist or whitelist ID. This can normally be found via the Loop Returns List Blacklist or Loop Returns List Whitelist action and with some other steps.
In your workflow, add a Loop Returns List Blacklist or Loop Returns List Whitelist action and followed by a Loop. In the Loop, you can select the provided variable that represents the Whitelist or Blacklist List Data.
After the Loop, you can add a Filter. In the Filter, you can specify the whitelist or blacklist to obtain data for. In this example, we used the Loop Value variable which represents the Order or Email of the whitelist.
Lastly, add in a Loop Returns Whitelist Retrieve or Loop Returns Blacklist Retrieve Step and then add the variable from the Loop Step that represents the ID of the whitelist or blacklist.
Your workflow should look like this now. The steps' titles were edited to make the workflow more detailed and organized.
Create an order in Loop Returns
To create an order in Loop Returns, you will need to fill out all three required fields in the Step Configuration.
- Designation: Your store ID. It is a unique Loop ID number associated with your store. You can reach out to Loop Returns' support at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what your store ID is.
- Name: The Shopify order number (e.g. 1001)
- Zip: The shipping zip code attached to the order
🗒 Note: In order to create an order, you will need to be on a Loop Plus plan.