Add a free product to your customer's upcoming order
🔧 Simple setup is needed:
🔌 Connect with Recharge
✏️ Specify the free product that gets added by MESA
✅ Save and enable your workflow to start automating!
This template will add a free product to the customer's next queued order if the customer has a free_gift_needed tag on their Shopify order after a charge occurs in Recharge.
Let’s get started 🚀
Follow the steps below to set up this workflow.
1. Open the Recharge Charge Created step and click the Authenticate with Recharge button to link your Recharge account to MESA.
2. Optional: In the Filter - Checks if "free_gift_needed" tag is in Shopify order step, you can change the name of the tag if you don't use free_gift_needed. Which ever tag you use, you will just need to make sure the customer has this on their Shopify order to ensure they receive the free gift.
3. In the Recharge Create Onetime Product step, locate the Ecommerce field under the External Variant ID label.
4. Identify which product you'd like to add as the free gift and add a value for the product’s variant ID on the Ecommerce field. You can click to follow this Shopify guide on how to find the Shopify Variant ID.
To find the Shopify Variant ID on a product without variants, you can add /variants.json at the end of the product URL. Locate the numbers set to id and copy and paste the value to the Ecommerce field.
5. Then, enter the product's name in the Product Title field.
6. At the top of the workflow, hit the Save button to save your changes.
7. ✅ Test your workflow if you'd like to see it in action. We recommend testing with real data for the best results. Read more about testing for tips and best practices.
8. Hit the toggle to switch it to On when you are ready to start using the workflow.
✋ Still have questions? We got you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where actual humans are on standby 24/7, ready to help.