Start a Return with Forms by MESA
Setup is required before this template will work. Follow the steps below.
MESA allows you to create Forms that can be hosted within your Shopify store to collect customer data. In this example, Forms by MESA allows customers to easily initiate an order return. The full order details as well as the Reason for Return will be included in the email to your back office. This automation can even be extended to automatically generate a return label that is sent to the customer.
Let’s get started 🚀
Follow the steps below on how to set up this workflow.
1. The Forms by MESA step is used when you want to create a form for your customers to submit.
Under the Advanced Options, add a Success Redirect URL that will allow you to redirect customers to a specific link or to embedded pages on your Shopify store. You can also enable a Captcha to protect from spam.
You can build a form from scratch, or copy the HTML code from our Form Builder, modify it, and use it on any page on the web. More details can be found on MESA Forms: Click Here.
Click the Open Form Builder button on the Form step to see the current form.
2. Next, paste the Form Embed Code onto a page on your store which requires the customer to be logged in and also has order details.
This will allow the Form Embed Code to capture the Customer ID and Order ID as hidden form fields. You can click here for details on how to add the Form to your Customer Order Page.
3. On the next step, you will see the Shopify Retrieve Order step. Your store’s credentials should already be populated and App Configuration with the correct Order ID token.
4. Add your Existing Credentials from the drop-down menu and also assign which spreadsheet you’d like to populate in the Google Sheets Add Row step.
Within this step, you will see where the Return Order form is mapping to on your Google Sheet.
5. You also have the option to use Mesa to notify your customers through Mesa’s premium built-in app, Email by Mesa.
In this step, the recipient’s email address from Shopify is retrieved with their order name. The body of the email can be customized to fit your store's needs and tailored to your customers.
6. If your team uses Slack, you can automatically connect to your Slack to share the return information with your team.
For this step, you will need to add a new Slack App and then create an incoming webhook URL. You’ll then need to copy the webhook URL from your Slack app and paste it back into the Slack step in the Mesa workflow. Click the green Add Credential button.
7. Once the setup is complete, hit the Save button at the top of the workflow to save your changes.
8. Hit the Enable button when you are ready to start using the workflow.
On the Customer Email or Slack step, change the format of the email or message.
Use the ShipStation app to automatically generate a return label download URL that can be included in the customer email.
Sync Add submissions to Airtable to easily centralize your returns process.
✋ Still have questions? We got you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where actual humans are on standby 24/7, ready to help.