Forms: Email Sign up to Mailchimp
Setup is required before this template will work. Follow the steps below.
Mesa allows you to create Forms that can be hosted within your Shopify store to collect customer data. In this example, Mesa Forms will transfer the information collected from the customer to an existing Mailchimp Audience list of your choice.
Let’s get started 🚀
Follow the steps below on how to set up this workflow.
1. Set up your Mesa Form
This step is used when you want to create a form for your customers to submit. The Success Redirect URL field will allow you to redirect customers to a specific link, or to embedded pages on your Shopify store.
You can build a form from scratch, or copy the HTML code from our Form Builder, modify it, and use it on any page on the web. More details can be found on Mesa Forms here: Details
2. Then, set up your Mailchimp credential to connect to your store.
Please note: In order to create the credential, you will need to create a new API key from your Mailchimp dashboard. Once you select to Create a Key, you can copy and paste the API key that is generated within the credential step.
3. In the App Configuration step, you can add your Admin URL typically found before " .admin.mailchimp.com"
From there, you will need to add your Audience ID. In this example, the token that is being used is Form Email. This will transfer the email collected from the Mesa Form to your Mailchimp Audience list.
4. The rest of the information in the Data Mapping step will be unique based on the information that you are collecting from the Form. You can utilize Mesa's Tokens feature to find the right Token for the customer's email address. This lets you map out the data to send to Mailchimp. In this example, the values we’ve added are First Name and Last Name.
5. Once the set up is complete, you can hit save on the upper right hand corner.
6. Finally, enable the workflow in the workflow's settings. Feel free to complete some of the best practices for Mesa.
Now, you're all set! 🎉